- Lancaster Organic Growers (remember to pre-order milk!)
- Kennett Square Specialties (cash only) — Mushrooms.
- Pasture Song Farm — Meat products.
- Slow Rise Bakery (cash only) — Bread, cookies and other baked goods.
- Liberty Plants — Locally grown plants; Bouquets, bunches, and herbs.
- Black Cat Clothiers — New. Bringing gorgeous clothing fit for the season!
ShakesBEER In Pretzel Park: Twelfth Night
Manayunk Theatre Company is at it again. Another staged reading of one of Shakespeare’s most hilarious plays. We return again for a reading in Pretzel Park. Adapted and directed by Brey Ann Barret.
Lancaster Organic Growers
- This week Justin is bringing the following:
- Vegetables: Organic Beets, Green Beans, Baby Bok Choy, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Carrots, Chard, Cilantro, Collards, Cucumber, Dandelion, Garlic Scapes, Kale, Lettuce, fresh Onions, Parsley, Potatoes, Radicchio, Radishes, Rhubarb, Scallions, Baby Spinach, Spring Mix, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Cherry Tomato, Zucchini, Herbs (Basil, Mint or Chives), and Popcorn.
- Fruit: From Northern Lancaster County, Brecknock Orchards (low spray) Apples, Blueberries, Cherries, and Raspberries. Also, Oyler Organic Farm applesauce (South-Central PA, close to Gettysburg).
- Dairy: Organic Cheese; Organic Yogurt (plain, vanilla or maple flavored); Butter;; You must pre-order Organic Raw Milk by Wednesday for pickup on Saturday.
- Other: Eggs (pastured, GMO free and soy free); Local Raw Honey; and Brenneman’s maple syrup (dark rich color and taste) from Salisbury, PA.
- New at Justin’s stand: Now sampling Old World Soups from Anna Karenna’s Kitchen. Marrying heritage recipes with local ingredients. Frozen — Cream of Asparagus; Cream of Crab; Russian Red Borsch (Lone Star Farm pastured beef); Split Pea & Bacon (Center Hill Farm Heritage Pork); and Siberian Chicken Noodle (Fresh Market Organic white meat).
- This week we welcome the return of Offbeat Gourmet. They will be bringing bbq-style gourmet condiments, hot sauces and rub; savory spreads (popular savory spreads: Pickled Mustard Seeds and Caramelized balsamic Onions); two styles of Dijon mustard (Dijon Horseradish Mustard and Dijon Black Truffle Mustard); and premium fruit spreads. They also will have a selection of honey from Bucks County available.
- Black Raspberry Jam – a seedless decadent jam. Health benefits of black raspberries from the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry:
– High in antioxidants
– Have Anti-Cancer properties (research shows that black raspberries
inhibit the growth of human oral, breast, colon, and prostate tumor cell
– Anthocyanins in Black Raspberries may promote eye health
– Black Raspberries have anti-inflammatory properties
- Blueberry Bourbon Chipotle (grilling sauce) – a sweet and savory grilling sauce that is made with blueberries from Hammonton, NJ and has a kick from the chipotles.
- Strawberry Black Truffle Jam – has organic Driscoll strawberries and Summer Black Truffles from Italy.
– Black Truffles are the most coveted ingredients known to man: they are
rich in Umami. Umami is the fifth basic taste alongside sweet, sour, salty
and bitter. Umami can be experienced in foods such as mushrooms,
anchovies, and mature cheeses, as well as in foods enhanced with
monosodium glutamate, or MSG, a sodium salt derived from glutamic acid.
Slow Rise Bakery (at the Friends of Pretzel Park Table)
- The following Slow Rise breads and baked goods will be available at the Friends of Pretzel Park table:
- Bread: 100% whole wheat, sprouted wheat, 7 grain, multi-grain, sourdough, miche, black pepper/fennel, and baguettes.
- Baked Goods: Four seed cookies, honey crisps, chocolate crumb cookies, peanut butter flour-less cookies, brownies, and granola.
The Chilly Banana
- They’re back! This week they will have banana whips and other tasty fruit-based treats — not only during the market but also during ShakesBEER.
The Urban Cottage
- Our newest vendor, Lindsay Zolad Coughlan, a local Roxborough resident, has a motto for her business: “Upcycled, Repurposed, Rethought, Undone and Redone”. She creates unique rustic and cottage chic home decor from recycled and repurposed materials. Local delivery is available and bulk discounts are possible. She can create custom pieces as well.
Bright Lights Music Academy
195 Green Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19127
- Mark Kuczynski, Director of Bright Lights Music Academy (BLMA), which opened in March 2017, will be at the market this week. Please stop by and say hello.
- BLMA was created to fill a music education void present in the Manayunk neighborhood. Their mission is simply to foster and encourage individual growth through private music instruction and their instructors are active members of the local community who are passionate about sharing their musical experience and talents with others. They’re currently enrolling students for private lessons in piano, guitar, bass, voice, drum set, snare drum, cello, violin and saxophone.
- BLMA believes in building a personal relationship with their students and their families and go the extra mile to ensure an enlightening and positive experience for each student who comes through their door. Their instructors are chosen for their ability to adjust their teaching style for the individual needs of each student; therefore, there is not a standard curriculum forced on all students. They focus on identifying music which will motivate the student to continue to learn while encouraging growth through exploration of styles which may be new to the student. They also offer two recitals per year at their large facility in Manayunk which gives students a unique opportunity to showcase their talents to family and friends and track their progress as developing musicians.