Every spring and fall we work with our park friends groups to recruit 2,500 volunteers who help clean and green parks across Philadelphia during Love Your Park Week and the Love Your Park Fall Service Day. Nearly 100 parks across Philadelphia participate each season and need help cleaning up litter and debris, caring for trees, gardening, and more!
How it Works
Most Love Your Park events are organized by our network of volunteer-based park friends groups. Park friends groups are community-based groups of neighbors who volunteer their time to host park clean-ups, plan events and activities in their park, and advocate for improvements. That’s right – the vast majority of LYP events are run by community volunteers! Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation partner to provide resources and support to participating park friends groups, most of whom are officially registered members of the Philadelphia Park Friends Network.
How to Participate
1) Check out the map of participating parks.
2) Once you’ve selected a park, click “Sign Up” and register to volunteer.
3) You will receive a confirmation email after successfully registering. This email will connect you with the Park Friends group hosting your event.
4) Stay in touch with the event leader for your site in case of any changes. Please let them know if you are no longer able to make it.
5) Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 683-3679.
Ready to Love Your Park?