- Crawford Organics (weekly)
- East Earl, PA
- The farm has been growing organic produce since 1998. They partnered with Paradise Organics in 2002, and between the two farms, they offered a full line of fresh organic vegetables to wholesale markets. In 2008 and 2009, they attended a farmer’s market in Philadelphia. They merged with Wimer’s Organics CSA in 2016.
Among their crops are Asparagus, Beans-Foot Long, Beets, Boc Choi, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Chard, Cherry Tomatoes, Cilantro, Collards, Cucumber, Dandelion, Dried Beans, Eggplant, Fennel, Flowers, Garlic, Heirloom Tomatoes, Herbs, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Lettuce, Onions, Parsley, Popcorn, Potatoes, Radishes, Red Tomatoes, Rhubarb, Salad Mix, Shallots, Snow Peas, Spinach, Strawberries, Sugar Snap Peas, Sweet Corn, Sweet Potatoes, Watermelon and Zucchini.
Many items are seasonable so check our weekly At The Market posts for the latest info.
They also have available GMO-Free raised on grass pasture: Eggs, Cheese (eight varieties), Yogurt (two plain and two flavored), Butter (salted or unsalted) and grass-fed Raw Milk as well as Local Raw Honey and PA Maple Syrup.
- Tim Bellew Food / Stephanie Thaw (weekly)
- Philadelphia, PA
- Tim Bellew is a caterer, a cook, and a consultant in the food industry. He will be offering turkey sloppy Joes, and kale, leek and feta hand pies as well as home-brewed iced tea and low-sugar sodas. He also will have muffins, scones, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, sesame chia peanut bars, pecan pie, blueberry crumb cakes, and granola. In addition, he will have dog treats. Everything is made with mostly organic ingredients, and many are gluten free.
- Stephanie was a pastry chef at Friday, Saturday and Sunday for over 13 years and the chef/owner of Sweetie’s Pie Diner.
- Stephanie focuses on simple, home-style, delicious pies—both sweet and savory—cakes, cookies and crackers. All made from certified organic and grass-fed dairy products and certified organic free range eggs, organic flour and evaporated cane juice sweetener.
Enjoy select products at the market, including Nana’s oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate chip cookies, fresh fruit tarts, blueberry crumb cakes, flourless chocolate cake, along with flatbreads, Earl Grey Crisps, and Buddy Biscuits for dogs and their people.
Enjoy select products at the market and order additional items in advance at https://squareup.com/store/eat-sweet-2 — or by calling 215-287-1544. Some choices are: Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake, Chocolate Marble Cheesecake, Seasonal Fruit Pies, Heirloom Tomato Pie, Roasted Vegetable Tart and Assorted Fresh Fruit Tarts ($22-$35 price range).
Orders placed by Thursday at 8:00 p.m. are available for Saturday pick-up at the Pretzel Park Farmer’s Market (10am-2pm). All orders must be pre-paid.
Tim and Stephanie will be taking some time off in August to get Mighty Meals up and running. They will be at the market August 20th and will be back on a regular schedule after Labor Day.
- Greenberg’s Bakery (weekly, at the Friends of Pretzel Park table)
- Oreland, PA
- Greenberg’s Bakery began more than 90 years ago as a Philadelphia family-owned bakery. Currently in Oreland, PA, the bakery continues to carry on the tradition of using the family’s old, delicious recipes and techniques.
- Check our weekly At The Market posts for the latest what’s hot each week.
- Fifth of a Farm Creations (monthly)
- Philadelphia, PA
- Fifth of a Farm Creations is a family owned and operated business located in Philadelphia, PA. All of their jams and jellies are hand crafted in small batches using all natural ingredients.
Some of their jams and jellies are: Blue Bell Hill Berry Jam, Harrogate Peach Jam, Rittenhouse Red Pepper Jelly, Port Richmond Grape Jelly and Strawberry Mansion Jam. They also have seasonal jams and jellies as well as gift baskets.
- Fifth of a Farm can’t make every market but we will keep the page updated with their schedule.
- Fifth of a Farm will be at the September 24 Farmers Market.
- Just Krafts Co. (monthly)
- Philadelphia, PA
- Just Krafts Co., formerly Just Knacks, sells crafts and re-purposed goods. Among some of the things they have sold are handmade soy candles, earrings made from bus tokens, and tissue holders made from cigar boxes.
- The candles include a variety of scents, including four new summer candle scents: Toasted Coconut, Sea Mist, Jasmine Honeysuckle and Cucumber & Mint.
- Just Krafts also has a line of All Natural Bedroom Linen Sprays.
- Just Krafts not will be at every market. Stay tuned for updates.
- Liberty Plants (monthly)
- Philadelphia (Roxborough), PA
- Alyssa and Greg Van Alstine run a small, family-owned business located in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia. They believe that all residents of Philadelphia should have the opportunity to grow their own edibles, regardless of outdoor restrictions. As avid vegetable gardeners, they offer their knowledge and experience to help you choose the best edible varieties for your unique situation.They grow the following unique heirloom plants: tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, cucumbers, squash/zucchini, greens, herbs, and flowers. They also have hanging baskets.
- Liberty Plants can’t make every market but we will keep the page updated with their schedule.
- Liberty Plants will not be at every market. Stay tuned for updates
- The Baker’s Jar
- Philadelphia, PA
- The Baker’s Jar is the brainchild of Avery Goldman who opened the bakery in 2014. She puts a new spin on classic desserts with uncompromising attention to taste and presentation. They have cakes, pies and puddings in mason jars, as well as cookies. Among some of the choices are: lemon pie, ooey gooey chocolate cake, carrot cake and happy birthday cake.
- The Baker’s Jar can’t make every market but we will keep the page updated with their schedule.
- The Baker’s Jar will be back in the fall. Details will be posted when available.
- Bowerbird Garden
- Philadelphia, PA
- Kimberly Campanaro from Bowerbird Garden creates unique planted designs by combining re-purposed or up-cycled objects with artfully arranged and carefully selected succulents, tropical, perennials and annuals.
- Her creations focus on finding antique, vintage, or industrial pieces that can be given new life as a home for beautiful plant designs to bring the right mix of style and green to your indoor or outdoor space.
- Her work has been on display recently at West Elm in Center City, Philadelphia, which served as a recent venue for one of Kim’s popular terrarium-building workshops. The Baker’s Jar in Philadelphia has also played host to her workshops, adding the enjoyment of wine and delicious baked goods to an evening of creativity and hands-on terrarium building.
- Bowerbird Garden also sources and creates custom-designed orders for all events and special occasions.
- Bowerbird Garden can’t make every market but we will keep the page updated with their schedule.
- Bowerbird Garden will be back in the fall (maybe with Baby BowerBird). Details will be posted when available.
- Manayunk Farm
- Wynn Geary
- Manayunk Farm is an urban farm in the Manayunk neighborhood of Philadelphia started by Wynn Geary and his parents Lori and Addison in 2012. They have a small garden, a few fruit trees, chickens and beehives in their backyard. They have been featured on NPR and in Grid magazine for their work in the field of technologically advanced beekeeping.
- Wynn will be bringing local raw wildflower honey, soaps, beeswax lip balms, natural beeswax candles, and Blueberry Jam.
- Wynn has gone off to school in Rhode Island so no more Manayunk Farm for this year.
- Hotbox Yoga Presents Yoga For Kids at 11am.
- A free class for the younger set. Space is limited. First come, first on the mat.
- Second Saturday of every month.
- Dad’s Foods Philadelphia, PA.
Dad’s Foods (“Dad’s), from good old South Philly, is a packaged foods company. They will be selling their flagship product, chicken meatballs, to take home for later. Dad’s is a new business formed earlier this year but one built on the foundation of John’s Market and Dad’s Stuffings, a butcher shop and food maker started way back in 1925. They have plans for more unique products to offer in the future.Dad’s Foods may not make every market.
- Joseph Tayoun Drum Circle at 10am to 2pm.
- A selection of drums from around the World will be provided, on a first come – first served basis (The “dibs” system prevails). Picture a pickup truck full of drums… that many. If you prefer your own, we insist you bring them. And bring your other one for someone else to use.
- Third Saturday of every month.
- Chocolate Spaniel Pottery.
Chocolate Spaniel Pottery doesn’t have a website yet, but our Etsy store (Chocolate Spaniel Pottery) should be available soon.
Chocolate Spaniel Pottery was established by Caitlin Foley in 2016 and appropriately named after the artist’s beloved dog. Caitlin is a Roxborough based potter whose style reflects a sense of whimsical elements but focuses on functionality. Bowls, mugs, teapots, and more will be available at the market.Chocolate Spaniel Pottery may not make every market.